Running Start New Student Orientation!
Get a jump-start on your first day! Join us for New Student Orientation. Orientation is your chance to find out what you need to know before you start classes and learn your way around campus. Orientation is mandatory for all new Running Start Students. Find the right orientation for you, and RSVP below.
If you will be enrolled in 12 or more WCC credits, you are encouraged to join a general orientation where you will attend workshops and explore campus. Choose from 4 orientation sessions:
- Monday, September 8 - 8:30am-1pm - FULL
- Friday, September 12 - 8:30am-1pm
- Monday, September 15 - 8:30am-1pm
All orientations will be held in the Syre Student Center. Check-in at 8:15am. Please bring a copy of your WCC fall schedule and photo ID.
If you will be enrolled in 11 or fewer WCC credits, or cannot attend a longer orientation session, join us for a shorter orientation designed specifically for part-time Running Start students. Choose from 5 orientation sessions:
- Monday, September 8 - 5-6:30pm
- Tuesday, September 9 - 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, September 11 - 5-6:30pm
- Monday, September 15 - 3:30-5pm
All orientations will be held in the Syre Student Center. Please arrive on time. Bring a copy of your WCC fall schedule and photo ID with you.
What is Running Start?
Running Start is a statewide partnership between high schools and community and technical colleges in Washington. Whatcom Community College remains committed to serving local students through Running Start, the popular program for high school juniors and seniors. Running Start offers families significant cost savings as students begin their college careers.
- Students may enroll simultaneously in high school and college classes, or solely
at the college.
- Students receive both high school and college credit for classes completed at
- Students do not need the permission of the high school to enroll in the program, the student and parents make this choice.
Attend an Information Meeting...
To learn more about Running Start, please attend a one-hour information meeting. No RSVP necessary. (Campus map).
Running Start Information Meetings for Winter 2014 and Beyond!
- Information Meetings will resume in the fall.
- If you are interested in Running Start for Fall 2014, but have not attended an information meeting, please call the Running Start office at 360.383.3123.
Attention: These links will not work with older versions of Internet Explorer (IE 8 or older). If you are unable to use them, try Google Chrome or Firefox.
Running Start Office
Laidlaw Center 134
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
P: (360) 383-3123
Campus Map / Directions